Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hi everyone.

Today is a lazy day for me. My get up and go has gotten up and went but it forgot to take me with it.

With the help of Brenda a bit ago, she was able to walk me over the phone on how to ask to join the  
Scrap Dance Tango Mystery 2 group on fliker and how to add pictures. Brenda is a smart cookie. Or at least I think so.

A couple weeks ago Brenda, Kevin and I were at a yard sale and I found 2 wooden Lazy Susans and bought them for $1.00 each. One for me and one for Brenda. I've seen people on quilting tutorials using a little mat that swivels and that is why I thought these would work and I didn't have to pay $40 or more for it..
I had this little cutting mat and I just taped it onto it. It sure made trimming the little blocks a whole lot easier. Brenda has a lip on hers  so she got a piece of wood and wrapped it in foil and put a cutting mat on hers. Hopefully Kevin will be able to sand that rim off. But even if he doesn't she says shes happy with the way it is.

This is me trimming up  a 2 1/2 inch square on it
Here is my completed step 4 blocks. I can not hardly wait to see what this quilt is going to look like.

My quilt I think is manly looking as I am hoping it is. I'm making a lap size.

Today it is beautiful outside. The sun is shining  I can here the birds singing a distant dog barking and horn honking. I can feel the slight breeze coming through my bedroom window. I love spring weather as its not too hot nor is it too cold.

Im adding Brendas link to her blog to my blog, mainly so I can find hers easier.

http://thequiltjourney.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment